A public meeting to introduce and vote for the formation of a proposed new voice for Blues fans
- Date: Saturday 29th October, 11am (for 11:30am start)
- Venue: Phoenix Hall, Bordesley Village, Birmingham. B9 4QA
(off Garrison Lane by the Sportsman public house)
ABOUT THE MEETING
The purpose of this meeting is to introduce the supporters’ trust movement to Blues fans with the help of guest speakers including Roger Godsiff MP, former Blues’ captain Ian Clarkson, Supporters Direct and representatives from other Supporters’ Trusts.
Birmingham City supporters have been without a genuine voice for far too long, amongst the tens of thousands of Blues fans worldwide we have a huge amount of knowledge, expertise and energy which have been underused and it is hoped that the formation of an active supporters’ trust can help to change this.
At the meeting a vote will be held to officially set up the trust, and there will then be an open discussion and Q&A session where time permitting everyone who wants to will get the chance to speak.There will also be the opportunity to speak to people already involved to find out how you can volunteer to help the trust. We are hoping to formally launch the Trust within the next few months.
OUR SHORT TERM AIMS :
- The formation of an active Supporters’ Trust which will improve the relationship between the club and fans by providing the fans with a united and powerful voice.
- We want to form a democratic, non‐profit making organisation owned and controlled by the fans.
- The Trust will be open, accountable, affordable, actively inclusive and representative of its members.
- We want to make a positive difference and to help Birmingham City become successful both on and off the pitch.
We want you to be part of it
For more information about the meeting and to help us to get an idea of how many people will be attending please visit our website or Facebook page and register your interest.
If you don’t have access to the internet just come along on the 29th and make yourself heard.