After the heroic scenes experienced at the Reebok Stadium on the final day of the 2013/14 Championship season, it was a relief that BCFC’s Championship status was finally secured.
The stark reality of potential footballing and financial Armageddon loomed, with the Club only minutes away from relegation to the third tier of English football.
New proposals concerning ‘League 3’, put forward by the FA Commission led by Greg Dyke, may have become a potential reality.
We are aware that our representative organisations – Supporters Direct and the Football Supporters’ Federation – were neither consulted nor invited to discuss the proposals with the Commission.
We strongly believe that the time is now right for us as supporters to reclaim our game. As supporters, there are five things we can do:
- Sign up for the Supporters Summit: http://www.supporterssummit.co.uk
- Watch a video about Damian Collin’s Football Governance Reform Bill via his YouTube Channel here and ask for your MP to support it via: http://www.writetothem.com
- Sign and share the #SayNoToLeague3 petition via: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/football-association-say-no-to-b-teams
- You can read SD’s submission to the Dyke Commission: http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/research/policy/response-to-the-fa-chairmans-commission
- Read the FSF’s submission to the Dyke Commission: http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Downloads/Misc/2014/England-Commission-FSF-evidence.pdf