BCFC Supporters Forum 6th Sept 2018 – Questions
A supporters Forum is being held at St Andrews this evening, starting at about 6:30pm . Blues Trust will be represented by Board members Richard Stanley and Margaret Decker.
The following questions were submitted in advance to the Club and we look forward to receiving clarification. We are certain that supporters will agree that these relate to significant issues which are causing much anxiety around the Club, and thus that each deserves a comprehensive and satisfactory response.
Keep an eye on our Twitter feed to keep abreast of developments.
Given that Birmingham City plc made an operating loss £16.3m in the year to 30 June 2017, and that therefore the club were clearly going to be in breach of FFP rules which state that an ‘Embargo will be effective from 1st January 2018 (the relevant season) and that no players were signed during January 2018 transfer window, it is hard to believe there was not an embargo in effect at the time of this statement.
- At what point did the club first realise that they had infringed the rules, and at what date were the first contacts with the EFL about a potential embargo ?
- Many fans purchased their season tickets reassured that FFP would not impact transfer business by believing the clubs response at the last Fans Forum. Do the Board believe that they now owe the fans an apology and explanation?
- It seems that either the club and Board were more aware of the issues and decided not to be open at the last Forum or were running the club without relevant and available financial information. Please can the Director assure us that at this Forum, and in the future, a more open approach will be taken to answering questions.
- What is the time period within the Business plan imposed by the EFL?
- When is the disciplinary commission due to make a decision about sanctions and fines?
- Is investment in the facilities at St Andrews constrained by the imposed business plan?
- considered this option or similar options?
- have they ruled it out – if so please outline the reasoning for this?
- are they planning to implement it – if so what is the timeframe?
- Did they just buy the club for the Stock Exchange listing?
- Are the Board now prepared to explain to the supporters, (the only long-term stakeholders and the people who will still be associated with Birmingham City long after the current owners have moved on) what their plans are for the ownership (or relinquishing ownership) into the future?
- How does infringing the FFP rules affect the timetable in achieving their objectives.
- What were the reasons for this?
- What are the plans for ensuring the club has the required knowledge and expertise to cover these senior staff management positions – especially the expertise to navigate through (or effect release from) an imposed business plan?
If you can’t yet commit to full membership but would like our newsletters,
why not become an e-member for free?
e-membership does not carry any voting rights.