Fan Led Review: Your Help Needed
Blues Trust is calling upon its members and other Blues fans to support the Fan-led Review of football by contacting their MP’s and asking them to help ensure that the recommendations from the Review are approved by Parliament.
The Review was published in November and contains a series of important recommendations that, if approved, will have a significant impact on football as we know it. And the changes likely to be introduced will have far reaching consequences for our own club, and not least the owners of BCFC.
Blues Trust has:
- been engaged with the Review since it was launched in May last year.
- consulted Blues Supporters about the Review.
- made a detailed written submission to the Review Panel which included all the comments received from Blues fans.
- held one to one discussions with Tracey Crouch MP, the chair of the Review.
- worked very closely with the Football Supporters Association (FSA) during the consultation period, and is continuing to do so now.
The Trust is fully supportive of the recommendations being made, and urges all Blues supporters to familiarise themselves with what they are. A recent summary prepared by the Trust can be found here. A final and complete copy of the Review Report can also be found on the Government website here or there’s a link on the front page of the Trust website at bluestrust.org
The Review has received widespread political support but fans across the country are now being asked to support the push for reform by making sure that the Government implements the recommendations in full.
How can you help?
You should contact your local MP and ask them to show their backing for the Review by writing to Nadine Dorries, the Secretary of State for the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. You should ask your MP to ask the Minister for a firm commitment that legislation supporting the full implementation of the Review’s recommendations will definitely be in the Queen’s Speech in May. The Queen’s Speech sets the business agenda for Parliament and is being prepared by Government right now.
You are asked to contact your MP by email at the earliest opportunity. In consultation with the Football Supporters Association, Blues Trust has prepared a draft message which can be copied and used, although you can also make additional comments of your own if you wish. The message is here. Please ensure that you give your full postal address including post code.
MP’s contact details can be found here: members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP
Please cc your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an important opportunity for football to press the reset button. Your help would be very much appreciated.
By making comments:
- All we ask is that it relates to the Club that we all love. It can inform, question, challenge, criticise even….but it should not be written to threaten and/or cause personal offence.
- By making comments on the above article, you agree to Blues Trust retaining your email address should we need to make contact with you for admin purposes. Let us know at email@example.com if you do not wish us to do this. We will not give out your email address to any 3rd party sources.
The Trust reserves the right to moderate any comments made (in consultation with the writer) or to deny publication if comments are considered to be inconsistent with the requirements identified above.